Friday, June 17, 2005

One of my favorite bands, Big Fish Ensemble, released a new disc in April called "Raze the Duds." I saw the band open for the Indigo Girls about 10 years ago at the Dakota Dome and have all their discs. Once I heard about the release, I jumped on-line to find it, but had no luck. This bummed me out because I’ve read this will likely be the last material the band will ever put out as they are now all living in different parts of the country (originally had been in the Atlanta area). A friend (and high school classmate of Amy’s) lives down there and actually had babysat for two of the members of the band. Amy contacted Jessica, who apparently contacted Michael Lorant for me. The disc came in the mail yesterday (or the day before – it has been a long week) and I listened to that sucker today. I laughed and laughed and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you, Jessica, for your help in helping a BFE fan in S.D. get his hands on the disc.

Been a busy month for new music in our house (compared with some months). We bought the new Amy Ray solo disc when we were in the Hills, the new Girlyman disc was released and sent to our door, the Indigo Girls released a disc of rarities, and I got the new Big Fish Ensemble. Not much is going to top this past month for music this summer. I was tempted to try the acoustic version of Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morrisette, but reviews have been pretty brutal. I’d prefer not to destroy what I like about the original by hearing it in a toned down setting. I do still have a disc with a version of "You Oughta Know" she performed at the Grammy’s. Just her and the piano. Not much else for new music in my radar. Have heard Queensryche is working on a sequel to Operation: Mindcrime. When it is released, it shall be mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home