Friday, May 06, 2005

Okay, the FM receiver is not working at the pool. It locks into a station up until the moment I put my head down toward the water, then it is static. It’s going back. I’ll probably use the money from that to get some new cross trainers or put it toward the swiMP3 player. Found it on eBay for about $80 less than retail. I’m agonizing over whether to order it or not. I don’t think this is something I want for the sake of having an MP3 player. If that were the case, I’d have bought an iPod a year ago. This is something that I’m going to use every time I get in the pool and start doing the laps. I’m looking at it as more a tool to help me achieve my goals. It would also be fun to hit the water and be able to listen to something other than my own labored breathing.

I looked at a website today that listed my health screening in 2001 and the one I did back in March. Happy to say that since 2001, my cholesterol has dropped 14 points, though my HDL has remained the same (and needs a good boost). I’ve also added 9 pounds since 2001, an inch in my hips, and 2.5 inches at my waist. I hope that if I continue to swim regularly, the inches will be headed in the other direction by the next health screening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home