Monday, June 09, 2008

A wee bit tired today. Not sleeping well lately, I think it is the distinct lack of exercise the past couple of months. I do miss working out.

Camp out this weekend. My dad is coming, but not bringing the camper he bought last year - mileage and high gas prices makes bringing it cost prohibitive. He said he'll sleep in his truck, but we have an extra tent he can use. My brother won't be making it. I think the one camp out he made it to with his family will be the only one we see them at. They aren't big with camping and it is hard for him with his scheduled work during the summer. I have the entire weekend off! SO looking forward to it. Going to sleep in on Friday (no prison work!) and gradually get things packed up.

The last weekend of the month is the 125th celebration of the founding of the town I grew up in - Lake Wilson, MN. There had been talk of an all school reunion, but nothing "official" came out of it. It has been 18 years since I graduated, seems like yesterday. I am excited and a bit nervous about who I will see there. My friend Eric won't be. He'll be in northern MN on a family vacation.

I think my nervous energy comes from a couple of sources. One is that it seems like it is the same people at these things, people who don't seem to have moved with their lives and haven't grown beyond who they were in high school. In some ways, these are decent folks to be around at a reunion because they remember all that happened back then.

Another is that I wasn't recognized at my class reunion a few years ago by someone I had considered a friend (and who I recognized right away). That kinda threw me. I know I packed on some pounds (working on it, people!), added some face fuzz, and changed the hair. For anyone who will be in Lake Wilson at the end of June, I will be wearing some sort of Cubs gear. My hair is cut severely short (1/4") and I have a goatee.

Yet another is who I will see. I'm not all uptight about seeing former friends (or enemies), but most are people who I've not seen in 15+ years and frankly don't know what it is going to be like to see them again.

It sounds as though Mark is planning on being there and he's much more socially adept than I (always has been). Maybe I'll have to hang with him somewhat (like the old days). Or maybe I'll just get wasted on beer and not care anymore. Nah!

In any case, I am looking forward to the celebration - the parade, the fireworks... should be a fun time. I'm guessing Dad will be working through part of it.

Okay, boring myself now so I can only imagine what is happening to anyone reading.

PEACE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home