Sunday, April 15, 2007

Happy tax day! I know it doesn't officially hit for a couple days, but thought I'd be early.

Got back from the SDCA conference. Was a little disappointed by the preconference. I'd seen the presenter on Impact Therapy last year at SDCA and was eager to learn more. Unfortunately, he had 5-10% material he hadn't covered last year. A big waste of my time and money. Maybe if it had been two years ago, it would have even been a better review. The main conference was decent. Didn't really get into the keynote, but it was better than the one last year (wow, am I critical).

I did go to a breakout session on the doctoral program at USD. Was trying to scare myself out of it, but have got myself thinking in terms of getting into the program in the next 5 years or so. It will depend on how we rock through our debt snowball. I'd like to go back while I'm with the state as it is 1/2 off tuition. Would be a lot easier to pay cash to go through.

I realized while at SDCA that I've officially been a counselor for a decade! Yep, started at Lewis and Clark on 4/1/97.

On Friday, I skipped out of the banquet and went to see my Dad perform in the Al Opland Singers in Pipestone, MN. It is his first year singing with them. He did a GREAT job. I ended up getting back to my hotel a bit after midnight on Saturday morning. Was a bit off the remainder of the weekend as I had trouble sleeping that night.

SDCA is in Rapid City next year. I'm looking forward to it because I will have Amy and the kids with me for it. Lots of time in the pool and hanging out in the room. Don't usually see as many people I know out there, but it is still a decent, inexpensive way to get the CEU's I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home