Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy day, I am the official owner of a different car! The transmission in the Bonneville started to slip (260,000 + miles, it was warrior for us!) and the transmission shop said it wouldn't be adviseable to put the work into it given the age and number of miles. Basically told me to start shopping.

I did find a purple Neon at Sid's Salvage here in Yankton for 2400. It only had 42,000 miles on it. I took it to my mechanic and found out there was also about $1100 of repairs that would need to be made. It was the best $22 I had ever spent! I did some online searching and found a Taurus here in town for 5595. I took it for a spin yesterday and started the paperwork for an auto loan (booo!!!!). Heard back earlier today that the loan went through and the car is now mine. It is a blue 1999 Taurus with 78,000 miles. Amy called it perrywinkle blue, but I see it more as cobalt blue (because that sounds more manly). It will get its first big challenge when it ferries me to SDCA later this week. First, the fun of the dentist tomorrow. Have to see if my streak of no cavities continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home