Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I heard that President Bush is cutting his vacation short by two days due to the hurricane. Wow. What a leader. He is willing to sacrifice 2 days out of what seemed to be the 90 that he'd had planned. I am stunned. Just shows how much he cares and how tapped in he is. It reminds me of 9/11 when, after being told of the attack on the World Trade Center, the president... sat on his ass and did nothing for several minutes.

You just do not find leaders like him anymore. We should begin the process now of renaming our schools and libraries and parks and roads so that they are all George W. Bush. I am so inspired by the massive sacrifice he is making. Two whole days.... Is this man even human? To be able to see that thousands have died and an entire region of the country has been devestated... to see all of that and to be able to make the decision to cut short his vacation two days early (and what, a day AFTER the storm actually hit?)...

Sorry... I get a little choked up.... he cares SO much.

I do appreciate the fact that (so far) he has stayed away from the area effected. Law enforcement there is already overwhelmed. The last thing they need to do is provide security for the president.

Oh, this whole thing doesn't give me a lot of hope for this country in the event of a major terrorist attack. We knew basically when and where Katrina would hit and everything is total chaos down there. Maybe if someone in a leadership position would have gotten the response a little more coordinated BEFORE the storm hit. I was encouraged to see so many people (80%, I'd heard) listening to the warnings and leaving on Sunday. Anyway, the well oiled response teams have done jack shit. I think this is beyond their capability. Of course, things might be a bit different if we didn't have so much of our National Guard over fighting Bush's bullshit war. Maybe all those troops would be available to help. Just maybe.

Two whole days.... I've heard some people compare Bush to Christ. Didn't see it before, but this... this might bring me around.

I'm not too worried about the aftermath of Katrina. The Bush administration has a "plan" to help the areas hit. Just like they have a "plan" in Iraq. May God help us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home