Monday, December 18, 2006

Last Saturday would have been my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. I've been missing Mom a lot as the holidays arrive. Would be a lot less discussion about who is doing what and more getting it pulled together. We're starting to do a better job of that, but we still struggle a bit.

Had some meetings in Sioux Falls last Thurs. and Fri. I met Dad for lunch at the mall. Dad informed me that his surgically repaired shoulder isn't holding up too well and he'll likely need surgery again. Ended up doing a little Christmas shopping (finished Amy's stocking!) and ate at Granite City with some of the other therapists at the other prisons. It was a good time, but the meetings always seem a little pointless. The project I've been working on (revamping our electronic charting) is moving to the second phase, so I am happy to see that everyone is more or less satisfied with the changes to this point.

Still not done with Christmas shopping. Usually we're done early, but not this year for some reason. Still have to finish my brother and his wife and my Dad. Last year it was easy for him - there are years when there are just things that he needs, others (like this one) when it is a mystery.

Amy took the kids to Mankato this weekend so Accalia could rehearse for her Christmas program. I ended up picking up all the toys from the upstairs landing. MUST. STOP. POLLY. POCKET. TOYS. FROM. TAKING. OVER. THE. HOUSE. I know I was into some small toys with the Star Wars stuff, but try picking up the Polly pocket toy shoes. Pain in the butt. Did get the landing and the master bedroom sanitized.

Amy and the kids got back. So far the only ones who have NOT gotten sick (stomach virus) are me and Accalia. I'm hoping that neither of us get it (I suck at being sick).

Thinking about doing a favorites of 2006 thing before the closing of the year. We'll see...

Have gotten a jump start on the 2007 Christmas CD. Have some Nanci Griffith, some Blues Traveller, some Girlyman, some show tunes, some ballads, some songs that rock. Have ordered a CD of Christmas songs that was put out in the late 90's by a radio station in Atlanta. There are 3 volumes. I own #2 (has a great Hootie and the Blowfish song on it) and have ordered the 3rd. I'm hoping for some more great music; Have started a playlist on iTunes for Christmas '07 so I can play around.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cory-

I just put a message on your wifes blog a couple of days ago. So please don't think that I am stalking you or something but you and your dad have been heavy on my heart lately and I don't know why.
I am sorry about your mom. She was such a fabulous woman and I still have such an admiration and warm memories of her - though I don't always think she was very impressed with me. I guess at 15 I can't blame her either. I am sure you all miss her so very much.

I just needed for some reason to make contact with you. Again I don't know why I feel such a need but I just wanted to say hello and give you my condolences on your mom. I know it has been two years now but I have just gotten the courage to find you. I know this all sounds so weird but needed to say HI! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

Cindy Duus (Mihin)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home