Saturday, June 03, 2006

Okay, been away for a little while.

About 3 weeks ago, I was at our local Wal-Mart and spied some Marvel action figures I’d never seen before. No just a couple, but a whole crap load. I looked through which figures were in the set to decide what I’d need to buy (I’ve recently decided to collect only that which relates to Spider-Man or the X-Men, which means I’m going to be buying a couple figures from each set). I didn’t pick any of the figures up (went home like a good boy). When I did make it to the house, I hopped on eBay. A full set of 11 figures was selling for 199 plus shipping… AND SOMEONE GOT THAT!!! Given that the figures were about $8 apiece, I had little dollar signs roll up in my eyes. I went to Wal-Mart in the evening (missed part of “The Office” season finale) and bought not one, but two complete sets. My cart was filled to bursting with 24 figures (the 22 for the 2 sets and the 2 I wanted for my collection). I got some interesting looks from people as I wheeled to the front of the store with visions of making $112 on each set. As it turns out, I only ended up making about $60 between the two sets combined. Learned I’m not a good seller on eBay (or that I need to go with sales of 3 days or less) because I obsess about how many people are watching, why isn’t anyone bidding, etc. The second set was offered worldwide (1st I only offered to the U.S.). I got a question from Brazil and it was bid on by that person.

Anyhow, I was looking at the Toybiz web site earlier tonight and saw that I’m about 2 series behind in my collecting. I am still trying to complete the Sentinel series (1 figure was an Avenger, but had 1 of 7 parts I need to complete a 16” Sentinel figure) and am 2 figures away. Then it is back to X-Men and Spiderman. 3 to get from the Onslaught series, 2 to get from the Mojo series. Then I need to go back and get some figures I missed (because the toy depts around here suck ass). Beast from series 4; Wolverine, Cable, Deadpool, Juggernaut, and Phoenix from series 6; Apocalypse from series 7; Iceman, Doc Ock, and Storm from series 8; Professor X from series 9 (though our local stores have this one around, so I’ll likely have it within the next week or two). Crap, that is a LOT of stuff.

Reaping the benefits of working at the prison. Free tomato plants (2 so far) and flowers. Going to take one or both kids with me in the morning to Wally World or Kamapart to see about getting a couple more flowers to put next to the front of the house. I’m thinking this fall I’m going to look to plant a LOT of bulbs. Less work in terms of tilling, planting, etc. My hope is to have both sides of the front to be completely perennials (that’s the one that comes up every year, right?) with a small area in the front of each in which we can plant the annuals I pick up at the prison.

Coming up next- definitive proof that country music sucks the anal glands of an elephant with explosive diarrhea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home