Thursday, December 28, 2006

Survived the holiday. Had it's ups and downs, but was fun overall. It is always nice to get out of the house to be with family, nicer still to get home.

Amy got me a couple Weird Al gifts this year - his newest CD and a DVD of all his videos. She also got me a couple of books I'm looking forward to reading and Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. Funny, funny stuff. The kids got me a really cool shirt that will be a staple of causal Friday for me. I think she liked what I'd gotten for her. Kids also seemed to like what they got. Kind of tough as Accalia is in a between age where she still seems to like little kid stuff but older stuff as well.

work has sucked the last two days. I am frickin' swamped. Have to wonder if the other therapist did anything while I was out last week. I know that I do have a lot of guys who ask to see me specifically. In any case, I was stuck doing paperwork yesterday for all the inmates on non-formulary psych. meds. so that their meds. continue beyond 1/2/07. Today I was in with the psych. provider. Two days there, but two days shot. Will be in Yankton tomorrow (eye exam tomorrow - YEAH!), then no work on Monday, training Tuesday AM. Basically another week shot to hell next week.

Okay, been avoiding the crap news since the holiday. Have two items. The first is about a guard at the prison. Nice guy. 29. Had a wife an two daughters (3 and 2 mos). He went into the hospital on 12/23. He was taken off life support yesterday. Just blows my mind. They still don't know how he died. It's like something out of an episode of House, no? The funeral is on tuesday and it sounds as though the majority of the staff from the prison will be attending. they are shutting down a lot of the areas to free up staff.

Item #2: My dad has been diagnosed with melanoma. More aggressive than the skin cancer he'd had 10 or 11 years ago. He's scaredk, I'm scared. I just pray that it was caught soon enough that it hasn't spread. I know Dad is mortal, but would really like having him around to see his grandkids graduate from at least a high school level. Can only hope and pray at this point. Just know that we'll continue to slather the kids with sun block as long as they are under this roof. I fully expect to have some skin cancer because of teh family history and the summers spent painting with little if any protection from the sun. Stupid, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home