Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ONE AND ALL!!!

Have a lot to be thankful for this year, yet I'm getting on here to bitch. Just when you think you are over something and it will never hurt you again, BLAM! Your nose is bloodied and you feel like some sort of leper. I am definitely hurt right now.

Why am I feeling this way? Blame it on Facebook, I guess. I was on there earlier today and opened a chat w. my brother to wish him a happy Thanksgiving and inquire about my nephew, who fractured his ankle recently. In his responses, my brother wrote that they are heading to MN this AM. I'm guessing it means he is going to Dad and Joan's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Very interesting as my family received no invite - I don't think Dad even said a word about their plans for the day to me. That's fine, he doesn't have to, he's an adult, I'm an adult.

We continue to stay close to home for Thanksgiving since Mom died and kind of set our own tradition with the holiday. I think Dad knows that, but it still hurts that was no invitation. Other excuse I've made for him is that their house is on the small side and maybe couldn't have held all of his kids, her kids, spouses, and grandkids.

Right now, I'm at a "fuck 'em" all point regarding Christmas. I'm sure that will change. Haven't heard of any plans for Christmas, so maybe we're already cut out of it.

Have vented, now it is off to the rest of the day. I'm preparing what I hope will be a great meal for the family and we'll spend the day hanging out together. I know how blessed I am and will choose to focus on that for the remainder of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home