Friday, December 31, 2010

Got some bad news yesterday. Amy's brother and his wife are separating. It is something that they have apparently been working up to over the past year or so. I don't know where either is with all this, just know they gave no indication this was coming when we saw them at Christmas. I'm feeling very bad for their kids - 9 and 5. I'm sure they have their reasons and have no idea what work they did on their marriage or what work they maybe have planned. I know there have been some changes with his wife in that she lost some weight, was feeling good about herself and was out partying with her sister and mother - the sister who nearly lost custody of her kid because she couldn't kick the drugs. I'm hoping that this is not just a case of her wanting to go and party, that there is more than that. I keep reminding myself that it is not a divorce, at least not yet. I continue to pray that things will work out.

Has been a rough couple of weeks for marriages in our circle of friends and acquaintances. A couple we would hang out with in Mitchell is getting a divorce. One day, one of them updated relationship status on Facebook to "single". No idea what is going on there either. Given some of the couple's counseling I've done, I probably don't WANT to know what is going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home