Saturday, January 01, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Was a slow but steady night last night. Lots of 2 bag runs, but no situations where things were going out late or I was having to take 4 deliveries to the four corners of our coverage area. Had a dine-in show up 5 minutes before close. Pissed me off but I let it go. Also had something like 6 delivery orders come in the last 30 minutes we were open, so I was running through the end of the night. Still managed to get out of there at 11:55. Made it home a minute after midnight. Was hoping to walk in as the countdown was starting. Ah well, still welcomed the new year with my family. Amy and I shared some champagne and got caught up with some stuff on the DVR.

I'm scheduled to work today from 3:00 until 8:30. Will be interesting to see if business is booming or a bust. I am often torn on days like this. Like making the money in tips, but would just as soon be at home with my family.

Have the office more or less cleaned - at least the floor is clean all the LEGOs are off the floor. Can easily get a bed in there if needed. Have several bits of cleaning I want to tackle in the next couple of days. Lots to get done in preparation for Amy's surgery and the arrival of her parents - and yet I find time to blog and Facebook? Hmmm.... Cory must rethink priorities...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home