Saturday, January 01, 2011

Night went okay. Was busy and profitable, always a good combination. Was dead for the first 60-90 minutes, then took off. I ended up taking a 5 bag run because there were 5 orders about to go late and no other drivers around. Wasn't a bad run, but the store prefers we take no more than 2 and I think we only get reimbursed for 2. Start my day at the Hut tomorrow.

Will be a short week, but not a relaxing one. I'll work Mon. and Tues. at the prison, Tues night at the Hut. Amy has her knee surgery on Wed. morning. After that, I'll be rising before the sun to deliver the newspaper for a couple of weeks. It will let Amy get some rest for the knee - though I know of some professional athletes who are out on the practice field a few days after a similar surgery :). I have been doing my best to shut down the catastrophic thinking before it kicks into overdrive, but it is not always easy. Have thought about her throwing a clot, having a reaction to the anesthesia, and getting a devastating infection. I know how many of these surgeries happen every day and how few problems there are. She is going to be fine, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to continue to pray for her and her surgery team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home