Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Amy's surgery went off without a hitch. We got there about 6:45. Met with the nurse, the anesthetist (who disturbingly had a noticeable hand tremor), and the doctor. Amy changed and was off. I hit the waiting area around 7:30. At about 8:15, the doctor came out and told me that everything had gone well and showed me the pictures he had taken of Amy's knee. I went back to the waiting area. About 8:35, I got called back to recovery. Amy was awake. Not completely alert - she asked the same questions and told me some of the same stuff a couple of times (one of her nurses has a sister living near my hometown - I think I heard that three times), but did really well. She was in recovery for about an hour and then was allowed to get dressed and head home. She rested in the recliner for a little bit, is now sleeping upstairs in our bed. Very tired yet. Says at the moment, the knee feels like it has on the bad days - no worse than that. I'm going to go out later to get the script for pain meds. in case things worsen as the day goes along. Nothing worse than if she were to be in a lot of pain tonight and we not have the meds. to help her.

I start to cover her paper route tomorrow and will be getting the kids to and from dance, story time, etc. I'm looking forward to being Mr. Mom for the next 10 days or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home