Monday, January 17, 2011

Forgot to post last week that I made it to Accalia's ballet technique and pre-pointe classes. Geez, it is no wonder she comes back from those classes and is very tired. She gets worked hard in those classes. I didn't get to see any of the routine for the recital, but that is okay - means it will be fresh when I do see it in a couple of months.

I go back to work tomorrow. Am not looking forward to it as there are some big projects awaiting. I also really liked being home with Amy and the kids. Back to the grind though, I guess. I did find out that I've been replaced as primary on one of the big project because my schedule was not one that could be adjusted to me doing the project full time.



Have a ton of thoughts about the shootings in Tuscon. At first, I was on the Tea Party and the negativity they had brought out - nevermind that both extremes have contributed to the vitriol in this country. As more details have come out, I'm looking at it more as a failing of the mental health system in the country. I can speak from experience in saying that many people get better treatment for mental health issues in prison than they do in the community.

- I do believe in a person's right to bear arms, but do they really need clips that can kill every last MFer in the room? Armor piercing ammo? Really? How many people in that crowd were armed and how many actually reacted to put the shooter down when the shooting stopped? How does a man with mental health issues legally get a gun and an extended magazine? How many people are there in the NRA? I don't think they are a majority of the country. Perhaps it is time to make laws for the majority, not the vocal minority. I liked what Seth Meyers said in the Weekend Update on Saturday.

- that wacked out church (which I refuse to name) that protests at every funeral they can needs to be given as little attention as possible. They thrive on attention and the hurt and despair of others. I'd love to be at the gates of heaven when the members of the church arrive and hear "nope, no place for you here." Please, protesting the funeral of a 9 yr. old because she was Catholic? Enjoy hell, jackholes. As you people start to die off, part of me wishes that everyone you affected with your publicity stunts would be there to stage a protest of their own, to give you back a fraction of the hurt you've caused others. However, the people you affected are decent human beings and the vast majority will leave a family to their grief at a time of loss. It is called being a decent human being, something none of you will ever understand.

- prayers continue for those injured, for their loved ones and for those who lost someone in the shooting. I continue to be amazed by the recovery of the Congresswoman. That she is alive is something of a miracle - we'll see how much she recovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home